Boys and, by default, our communities face major challenges today and into the future that must be addressed. Current research tells us that Boys:
- are 50 % more likely to fail meeting basic proficiency standards in reading than girls.
- are 2 times more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD compared to girls
- are more likely to be the victims of violent crime
- are severely behind girls in school grades. Boys take 70% of D’s and Failed grades.
- suicide rate is four times higher than girls
- are 5 times more likely to end up in juvenile detention, and 85% of those detained boys grew up without a father figure present in their lives
9 Sign We Have a Boy Crisis: https://collegestats.org/2012/08/9-signs-we-have-a-boy-crisis/
The WorldWide Boy Crisis: https://gurianinstitute.com/the-worldwide-boy-crisis/
UNESCO and IEA Release New 5-Year International Literacy Report: Boys Lagging Girls: https://publishingperspectives.com/2017/12/unesco-iea-release-international-literacy-report-boys-lag/
Facts and stats about suicide in Australia: http://www.mindframe-media.info/for-media/reporting-suicide/facts-and-stats